Become a part of Bär & Karrer as
Associate specialising in corporate M&A and capital markets
in Zurich or Basel
Bär & Karrer is a leading internationally oriented commercial and corporate law firm which currently operates from four locations throughout Switzerland's linguistic regions. The keynotes of our corporate culture are professionalism, mutual support, amicable and open relations among colleagues, and flat hierarchies. If you flourish in an innovative and open environment with excellent organisation, and if good team spirit is just as important to you as efficient work – then our firm is the right place for you.
For our newly established fifth location in Basel (close to Aeschenplatz) and/or for our principal location in Zurich, we are seeking to support our team by recruiting an Associate specialising in corporate M&A and capital markets (the appointment in Basel would work in close collaboration with the team in Zurich). A varied range of mandates awaits you, often involving complex cases with international points of contact. We offer you opportunities to take on responsibility rapidly and work independently. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration on mandates related to stock exchange and capital market law (including financing), mergers, acquisitions and company purchases, and also general corporate and commercial law.
- Comprehensive long-term support for listed companies.
- Representing and advising issuers and issuing banks in connection with IPOs, issues of subscription rights, issues of bonds, convertible bonds, hybrid financial instruments and other capital market transactions.
- Managing transaction processes (company audits (due diligence), drawing up/negotiating contracts, offer and listing prospectuses, and comfort letters).
- Drawing up memoranda, expert opinions/reports and legal opinions.
- Opportunities to take on responsibility rapidly and work independently.
- You have successfully completed your degree course in law, and you have been admitted to the Swiss bar.
- You have a strong interest in cross-border issues and in continuing 'on-the-job' training.
- You have a sound command of spoken and written English; knowledge of other languages would be an additional asset.
- You have good teamwork skills and you are loyal.
- You have good social skills, you are empathetic and you enjoy dealing with demanding clients.
- You are a team player, you have an enquiring mind, and you are also keen to offer support to other teams when circumstances require.
An attractive benefits package for you:
- You will work in one of Switzerland's most respected and internationally renowned law firms.
- You benefit from free scope to schedule your working hours as well as cutting-edge IT and communications equipment.
- A highly attractive employment package with good pay and numerous benefits.
- Pleasant, straightforward interactions with colleagues.
- To learn about further benefits of a position with Bär & Karrer, click here.
Get in touch
I look forward to studying your application. Your documents will reach me quickly and securely via our online tool.